My last three posts on communication thesis topics elicited more queries and emails from students than I had anticipated. Some of the emails were:
“Hello ma’am, i’m thinking of fraternities for thesis topic. what do you think about this? how students react towards it? why did they join? how it affects their studies? what is their perception on this? and im also thinking of call centers maa’m, ano ba yong perception ng mga students sa mga call centers ngaun? what do you think maa’m pwede ba to? my problem maam is i dont know how to state this for titles. and im also interested in this topic maam “Mobile Phone Text Messaging Overuse among Developing World University Students” the one youve posted in Devcompage. I really need your help maam and suggestions on my proposed ideas.”
“Ma’am, if at all possible, could you suggest possible topics related to economics (macroeconomics)? My sister is doing her thesis as well this semester.”
“What if ma’am i make i study on the students’ preference of research reference–internet or library. It’s all about their access and what they trust most. I hope ma’am it’s ok.”
“Here are our proposed thesis topics:
Effectiveness of concept notes or note taking alone in the process of learning
Effects of social networks in the communication skills of the youth today
What pushes or urges the youth to contribute or share their life stories in teens’ books (chicken soup for teens, chocolate for a teens’ dream).
Perceptions of the youth towards homosexual relationship
Effects of alcohol towards the youth in handling their problems
How does internet addiction influence the youth of today?
While the emails indicated an openness to consult the teacher, they also elicited an exasperated response from me. The list of U.S. mass communication and journalism thesis abstracts is meant to give research ideas to the student. It is absolutely not to be copied and pasted in toto as there are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues involved.
A student can take one current issue (e.g., melamine contamination in milk, methathione controversy, climate change, farm waste management, mining) and come up with any of these topics : 1) framing of the issue online, 2) framing of the issue in national newspapers, 3) mothers’ risk perceptions of melamine in milk, 4) rural mothers’ awareness of food safety issues, 5) information needs on each of these issues, etc. Based on these variations, one can have 25 possible thesis topics to choose from and discuss with the thesis adviser.
We used this approach in our DC198 class and I was amazed at the list of acceptable thesis topics that my students discussed with me. Indeed, it helps to read up on the current issues of the day to get ideas for thesis topics. Creativity has no boundaries.
Hint: Readers should read the comments in Thesis/Research Coach of Devcompage as it is a rich source of thesis topics.
- Communication breakdown during typhoon Yolanda
- GDP increased, but have you felt it?
- College students’ information exposure, knowledge and attitude towards plagiarism, and their practices in using print and online reference materials
- Information exposure and visual representation of flooding by children in selected flood-prone communities in Ormoc City, Leyte
- Can credibility of Matanglawin and Aha ETV programs influence high school seniors’ attitudes toward science?
- Jean Nunag on Some communication thesis topics
- devcompage on Writing the thesis outline: Theoretical framework
- devcompage on Writing the thesis outline: Conceptual framework
- devcompage on Some communication thesis topics
- devcompage on How to choose a development communication thesis topic
- Mary Binduja on Writing the thesis outline: Theoretical framework
This work by http://devcompage.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.